Wicked Dip for Halloween Night
Spookie Wicked Dip for everyone!
You don’t have to limit your Halloween night to candy and trick or treaters. This dip is sure to impress any guests you might have over or just enjoy with your immediate family. The recipe is very similar to my Wicked Superbowl Dip with just a few tweaks.
You may have had a similar appetizer called Sausage and Rotel dip, but this one is by far better. I’ve increased the sausage to cream cheese ratio and added onion, fresh garlic, and some additional spices. Since its creation several years ago, this dip is the most requested appetizer for potluck parties and gatherings I attend.
For other Halloween appetizer ideas check out this page.
1# ground sausage (hot or mild depending on your spice tolerance)
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
8 oz. cream cheese
1-10 oz. original Rotel Tomatoes
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. (or to taste) low-sodium Cajun seasoning
Find our products in a store near you
- Brown sausage, chopped onion, and garlic. Drain off excess grease.
- Turn burner to medium low, add cream cheese, and stir still melted
- Turn off fire and stir in Rotel tomatoes, worcestershire, and Cajun seasoning. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to oven proof skillet or casserole and bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes or until bubbling throughout
- Serve with your favorite chip
Note: This dip can be made ahead of time and frozen then thawed in the fridge and baked later. (This method will take longer (about 1 hour) to bake.