Red Velvet Cake
Red Velvet Cake – A Great dessert for holidays and birthdays
This is the best Red Velvet Cake recipe came from an old family friend and is the best Red Velvet Cake I have ever eaten. It’s a super moist cake with a delicious cream cheese icing, and it is the most requested cake among my family for birthdays and special occasions.
FOR RED VELVET CAKE
- 2 Stick of unsalted butter* – softened
- 1⅓ c Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 t Vanilla
- 2½ c Plain flour sifted
- 1 t Soda
- 1 t. Salt
- 2 t Cocoa
- ⅔ c. Buttermilk
- 1 t. Vinegar
- 1 oz Red food coloring
- *For a more dense cake you may substitute ½ c vegetable oil for 1 stick of butter
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Stick unsalted butter
- 2 t. clear pure vanilla
- 1 Box powdered sugar
- ½ – 1 c Chopped pecans (optional)
Find our products in a store near you
- Cake: Cream butter, oil, and sugar well. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Sift together flour, soda, salt, and cocoa. Add vinegar to buttermilk. Staggering flour and buttermilk blend into butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Add red food coloring and beat well. Grease and flour three 8 or 9 inch round pans and divide batter into pans. Bake @350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Do not overcook or cake will be dry.
- Icing: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and beat well. Ice when cake is completely cool. Garnish layers, top, and sides with pecans if desired.