Pumpkin Custard Pie
My grandmother made a delicious Pumpkin Custard Pie but never wrote down the recipe. This is my version and it’s delicious. I even make a “Back Porch” version that I’m sure Mamaw would not have approved of but what the heck–it’s the holidays right? This is the “Front Porch” Pumpkin Custard Pie version. Enjoy!!
Hint–I like store brand frozen pie crusts. They are flakier than some of the name brand crusts. Also, you can make those pie crusts look like you made them from scratch. Follow the link below to find out how.
- 2 – traditional frozen pie crusts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 1-15 oz. pure canned pumpkin
- 2 cups evaporated milk or 1/2 & 1/2
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
Find our products in a store near you
- Combine sugar and spices
- Add beaten eggs and mix
- Add pumpkin, milk, & vanilla and blend well
- Divide filling between 2 traditional pie crusts
- Bake 10 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven.
- Turn oven to 325 and bake 30-35 minutes. (Pies are done when a inserted knife comes out clean or pies don’t giggle in the middle when shaken)