Traditional Potato Salad w/a Twist
This is a great potato salad for all your spring/summer gatherings. Make note in the instructions of how I added the onion. Also, for a little extra zing, I use Famous Dave’s Signature Spicy Pickle Relish or Wickle’s Pickle Relish.
- 6 med red potatoes cubed and boiled
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt for water
- 4 boiled eggs chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup Famous Dave’s Pickle Relish, Wickle’s Pickle Relish, or plain sweet pickle relish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cajun Seasoning or paprika to garnish
Find our products in a store near you
- Cube potatoes (skin on or skin off – your family’s preference rules here) and boil in salted water with minced garlic until potatoes are tender but still firm. About 15 minutes.
- Boil eggs – Start eggs in cold water and bring to a simmer. Simmer 15 minutes. Drain and keep adding cool water over eggs until they are completely cooled.
- While potatoes and eggs are cooking, chop onion
- Drain cooked potatoes in a colander and place chopped onion in bottom of pot. Cover onion with hot drained potatoes and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Peel and chop boiled eggs
- Add mayo, mustard, eggs, and pickle relish, paprika and stir
- Taste and tweak with salt and pepper or Cajun Seasoning
- Transfer to a pretty bowl and garnish with paprika or Cajun Seasoning