Italian Breakfast Casserole
This revised version of my Breakfast Casserole for a Crowd is half sized for fewer servings, and I substituted ground chuck for the sausage, ham, and bacon. This is a really good option for those who do not eat pork.
- 9″X13″ baking dish
- 2 Cups Toasted buttered French Bread cubes (about ¼ loaf)
- ½ Stick Butter
- 1# Ground Chuck browned
- Salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning to taste
- ½ Cup Extra Sharp Grated Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Grated Swiss Cheese
- 7 Large Eggs
- 2 cups Half and Half
- ½ t. Salt
- ½ t. Dry Mustard
- ⅛ t. Onion powder
- ¼ t. Cajun Seasoning
- ⅛ t. Black Pepper
Find our products in a store near you
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice and cube french bread
- Melt butter in bottom of 9″X13″ pan in oven
- Add cubed bread to pan and toss in melted butter
- Toast in oven stirring every 5 minutes
- Brown ground chuck and season to taste with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning,
- Scatter browned beef evenly over toasted bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over meat.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, and seasonings. Pour over other ingredients.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Bake next day in a 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes. Casserole is done when an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Note: This dish can be frozen after assembly, then thawed overnight in fridge before baking. It is easily doubled for a crowd