Deluxe Breakfast Casserole
This Deluxe Breakfast Casserole is the very best! Guaranteed!
Sausage, ham, and bacon, along with cheddar, Parmesan, and Swiss cheese put this breakfast casserole on top of the stack. It is completely “over the top” good with surprise spices and rich half and half mixed into the eggs. The recipe is very large. So, unless you’re serving a crowd, half the ingredients to fit a 9″ x 13″ casserole. Or, better yet, divide into 2 casseroles, serve one, and freeze the other for surprise company.
Just like our recipes, we make EVERYTHING from scratch!
FOR DELUXE BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 12″ X 16″ Large baking dish
- 4 c. French bread cubes (about 1/2 loaf of a large loaf) (This will yield about 3 cups of dry bread cubes)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 c. browned and crumbled sausage – (1 pound uncooked – I prefer Jimmy Dean with Sage)
- 1 c. diced smoked ham
- 1 c. crumbled cooked bacon (1 pound uncooked – I prefer a Thick sliced bacon like Wrights Hickory Smoked or Applewood Smoked Bacon)
- 1 c. extra sharp grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Swiss cheese
- 14 Large Eggs
- 1 Quart Half and Half
- 1 t. Salt
- 1 t. Dry Mustard
- 1/4 t. Onion powder
- 1/2 t. Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 t. Black Pepper
Find our products in a store near you
- Cube French bread and scatter in bottom of your baking dish. Melt butter, drizzle over bread cubes and toast in 400 degree oven stirring often.
- Remove baking dish from oven and scatter brown sausage, cooked and crumbled bacon, and cubed ham over toasted bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle all cheeses grated over meat and bread cubes.
- Whisk eggs, half and half, and seasonings. Pour over bread, meat, and cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Next day, remove cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for about 45 minutes. Casserole is done when an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Note: This dish can be halved and cooked in a 9″ x 13″ pan.