Corona “Blues” Margaritas
If you’ve got the Corona “Blues” try this recipe. You might know them as ‘Knock ya Naked’ or “Fat Mama” Margaritas or even seen “wannabe’s” in restaurants or drink mixes online. I saw this recipe for the first time years ago in Jill Connor Brown’s “The Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love”. As always–be responsible, be safe, and enjoy!
- 1-12oz. frozen limeade
- 12 oz. chilled Tequila (I prefer a gold tequila but no specific brand)
- 1 – 12 oz. 7-up (chilled)
- 1-12 oz. bottle of Corona beer (chilled)
- Fresh lime
- Margarita Salt (Optional)
Find our products in a store near you
- Mix all ingredients. Chill if your ingredients we not already chilled.
- Prepare glasses with salt–moisten rim with a slice of lime, spread margarita salt on to a plate and dip glass edge into salt. The thicker the salt in the plate–the thicker the salt on the glass.
- Carefully fill glasses with ice taking care to not knock off salt.
- Carefully pour margarita mixture over ice
- Garnish with a wedge of lime