Browning ground beef in the oven
This no mess method is a great time saver, and you’ll always have browned ground beef in the freezer for tacos, spaghetti, soup, etc.
Directions for browning ground beef in the oven:
- Line large shallow pan with heavy duty aluminum foil
- Press 3-5# of ground beef (I prefer lean ground beef) in bottom of pan.
- Always wash your hands after handling raw meat.
- Place in 450 degree oven on bottom rack for about 30-60 minutes. (The time depends on the poundage of meat and fat content. Cook until all water has evaporated and meat is browned.)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and chop meat by hand or in a food processor.
- Portion meat into plastic freezer bags, label, and freeze.
- Use for recipes calling for browned ground meat.
- You can increase the amount of ground meat to 5# but it will take longer to brown.
- If you use ground meat with a higher fat content, it will take longer to cook and there will be fat to drain off before chopping.
- Use this same method for browning sausage, ground turkey, or bacon
Find our products in a store near you