Browning Ground Beef in the Oven
‘Easy peasy’ method for browning ground meat. And always have browned ground on hand for tacos, spaghetti, soup, etc.
Hate standing over a skillet browning ground beef? And even worse, the MESS! Here’s a “no watch” “no hassle” “no mess” method for browning ground beef in the oven. And, with this easy method, you can always have browned ground on-hand in the freezer.
- Line large shallow pan with heavy duty aluminum foil
- Press 3-5# of ground beef (I prefer lean ground beef) in bottom of pan.
- Always wash your hands after handling raw meat.
- Place in 450 degree oven on bottom rack for about 30 minutes.
- Set a timer and go do something else.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and chop meat by hand or in a food processor.
- Portion meat into plastic freezer bags, label, and freeze.
- Use for recipes calling for browned ground meat.
Note: Use this same method for browning sausage or bacon.
Find our products in a store near you