Mississippi Tomato Pie
Tomatoes are ripe on the vine down here in Mississippi and my mouth is watering for Tomato Pie. Let us take care of the entree tonight, then you’ll have TIME 4 making this scrumptious side.
Just like our recipes, we make EVERYTHING from scratch!
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 8 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 8 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- dash onion powder
- dash garlic powder
- 1/2 t. Louisiana Hot Sauce
Find our products in a store near you
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pre-bake pie shell for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Slice or rough chop tomatoes removing seeds with juice.
- Salt tomatoes and put in colander to drain. Remove as much juice as possible.
- Slice basil (To slice basil, stack leaves, roll up like a cigar, and slice)
- To tomatoes, toss in pepper and sliced fresh basil
- Arrange tomato mixture in bottom of pre-baked pie shell.
- Cover with cheese
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and hot sauce. Spread over cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45-50 minutes or until golden browned and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve