Milky Way Pound Cake
Warm Milky Way Cake! Yummy!
Bake and serve this Milky Way Pound Cake warm on a cold day with a hot cup of coffee! The sugar coating leaves the most delicious crust around the outside, that you’ll save that part for last. This is also the cake recipe we used in our famous Milky Way Cake we sold in our early days at farmers markets.
- 10 oz. Milky Way Bars (About 5 1/2 Bars)
- 3/4 stick butter (6 T)
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 t. pure vanilla
- 1 T cocoa
- 1 3/4 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. Salt (if using unsalted butter then 1 t.)
- 1 cup buttermilk
Find our products in a store near you
- In a non-stick skillet or boiler, slowly melt Milky Way bars and 3/4 stick butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In mixer, cream 1 1/2 sticks butter with sugar and beat well until sugar and butter are fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla
- Slowly add slightly cooled Milky Way mixture into mixer.
- Sift together dry ingredients
- Alternate mixing dry ingredients and 1 c. buttermilk into mixer ending with buttermilk. Beat well.
Sugar Crusted Pan Preparation
- Using a paper towel or your fingers, coat bundt pan completely with shortening.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of granulated sugar in pan and shake over a sink (this step is messy) until all shortening is completely covered with sugar
- Spoon batter carefully into pan pushing batter up into corners
- Place in cool oven and turn temp. to 300 degrees. (a cool oven is very important!)
- Bake about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cake is done when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest 5 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Move to a serving plate
- Dust with powdered sugar shaking through a sieve for even distribution.